While opening a new tab, I reminisced on the Google logo. I found this image, which indicates how the Google logo has changed since the search engine company was first founded.
- 1998 – The first logo looks quite childish and very of its time. The style and the color of the letters are not unlike those that you would find on a baby’s set of wooden blocks.
- 1998-1999 – The logo now adopts the modern Google color order. More shadows are added to give a 3D depth. An exclamation point is added.
- 1999-2010 – Google adopts this logo for the longest period of time, making it the most characteristic “traditional” Google logo. The logo has become more sophisticated, with more light and shadowing added.
- 2010-2013 – Shadow is removed and the logo is refined to make it easier to read, with less fancy realistic effects.
- 2013-2015 – The first step into Google’s material design, characterized by the complete removal of shadow and light and thus depth. Colors look more matte and neutral. Simplicity is emphasized while formality is maintained.
- Today – The largest evolution of the logo. The font has completely changed. Width of strokes in letters is uniform. The new logo emphasizes simplicity, but also the fun personality Google is known for today.